Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Belief

I love how lyrics can somehow always say things that regular everyday conversation can't.. and when you hear that perfect rhyme, or the words are strung together just right.. it alters your whole perspective. I love it. That's kind of how I felt when I heard the song "Belief" by Gavin DeGraw.
It's actually the chorus, but I think it's impeccably written:

Tonight, you arrested my mind.
When you came to my defense.
With a knife in the shape of your mouth,
in the form of your body, with the wrath of a God
Oh, you stood by me, Belief.

On the same note, it's the greatest feeling in the whole world, when you finally write that verse, chorus, or even line that sums up that feeling you've been trying to express. That recently happened for me..
Here's a part of a verse that I wrote that just came together like it was always meant to mean exactly how I felt:

Head bowed
Tears falling like raindrops to the ground
You scream -- there's no sound
The taste of him lingers on your tongue.
Each thought like breathing without lungs.

I'm still working on it, but it's been quite a while.. a little over a year actually, since words have come together like this for me.. I was pretty excited to see something finally come out slightly coherant :)

"When words fail, music speaks"

-Isabel

2 comments:

  1. ooh I love that feeling. when it all just comes together.


    Ahh I want to write/sing/perform/rock the world with you!

    Why can't you be here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't you be here! We could be so much further if we were just together.. I'm still counting on LA to help us along next year :)

    ReplyDelete