Thursday, April 2, 2009

Out Through the Curtain...

Laura and I have known each other since elementary school.. passing in the hallways, participating in the same church functions..and well.. I knew her name and who her parents were. I had my friends, and she hers. My first actual memories of Laura were made during a play that we were both participating in, we had some scenes together. It was a lot of fun and a good bonding experience, but it wasn't best buds right away. We still had seperate lives.

Our story really begins, as before mentioned, in a high school classroom. We were writing partners. We began to sing together, everything clicked in the moment our voices combined and we were instantly sisters. Music has a way of bringing people together, and in Laura and I's case it bonded us for life. From then on things have only gotten better.

Our last years of high school were filled with composing, writing, finding harmony at midnight, eating cookie dough, crying over boys, laughing at everything, and watching all of our favorite movies and tv shows. After high school we went to different colleges, but we have a dream. And what more is there to life than going after your dreams?

We're a team, we understand each other in ways no one else does. My lyrics would be nothing without Laura's melody, and my melody would be nothing without Laura's lyrics. Laura brings me back down to earth when my head is in the clouds, and I help Laura think completely irrationally. We just fit. Our dreams are going to come true someday..how can they not?



-Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment